Campus Dining 2019-2020 Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules
Any individual (each such individual is hereinafter referred to as a “Participant”) who enters, attempts to enter, or in any way participates or attempts to participate in the Penn State Campus Dining 2019-2020 Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) conducted by The Pennsylvania State University, Housing and Food Services, 211 Housing and Food Services Building, University Park, PA 16802 (“Penn State”)agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions provided in these Official Sweepstakes Rules (“Rules”), as well as by Penn State’s interpretations of these Rules, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- No Purchase Necessary: NO PURCHASE or payment of any kind is NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Applicable Law/Void Where Prohibited: The Sweepstakes is subject to and governed by applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in this Sweepstakes is Participation in this Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age and an enrolled student at The Pennsylvania State University at time of entry. Full-time employees of Penn State (and its affiliates) and members of their immediate family are not eligible. Immediate family members shall include spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws”, or by current or past marriage, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other familial extension.
- How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, Participant must complete a Campus Dining 2019-2020 Satisfaction Survey at https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cASs6PxR1EFg87P. Upon completion of the survey, Participant will be offered a chance to enter the Sweepstakes. Follow that link and enter your name and Penn State access account to be entered in the Sweepstakes. Entries must be made and received between September 1, 2019 at 12:01 AM ET and May 9, 2020 at 11:59 PM (the “Entry Period”). Limit one entry per person per month. Penn State is not responsible for problems with Sweepstakes entries, including but not limited to, entries which are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or cannot be completed, even if the problem is the result of the sole or partial negligence of Penn State.
- Selection of Winners: Winners will be selected by random drawing at the end of each month from entries submitted in that month. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winner(s) will be declared the official winner(s) of the Campus Dining Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by email and the award automatically deposited into their LionCash+ account. Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Penn State reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
October - Evan States, Penn State Behrend
November - Aldo Ramirez, Penn State Behrend
- Prizes: One award of $100 in LionCash+ per month of the Sweepstakes period. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize is permitted, except Penn State reserves the right to substitute a prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. Any difference between the actual value and the approximate retail value of any prize will not be awarded. No substitution or cash equivalent will be made.
- Taxes: Each prize winner shall be solely responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes associated with his/her receipt of the prize.
- Limitation on Liability: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, PENN STATE AND ITS RESPECTIVE TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY ABD ALL CLAIMS OR LIABILITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS OR LIABILITY ARISING FROM PENN STATE’S OWN NEGLIGENCE, FOR ANY DAMAGE, INJURY OR LOSS (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY PENN STATE. Released Parties assumes no responsibly for any injury, loss or damage to PARTICIPANTS’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this Food Service Survey Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or late, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the PARTICIPANT, or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Food Service Survey Sweepstakes, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this Food Service Survey Sweepstakes. By participating in the SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT also agrees that PARTICIPANT shall not be entitled in any circumstance to punitive, incidental, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including ASSOCIATED attorneys’ fees.
- Publicity Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Participant hereby grants an irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free right and license to Penn State and the Released Parties to use, exploit, adapt, modify, reproduce, distribute, publicly perform and display the photographs, video, and/or audio (collectively “Media”) taken of me for use in promotional, educational, informational, advertising or commercial materials and communications in any from now known or later developed, including but not limited to publications, websites, articles, brochures, books, magazines, newsletters, exhibits, videos, films, social media, advertisements, and training programs (collectively “Materials”). Furthermore, Participant hereby authorize and consent to the use of my name, image, likeness, biographical information, and voice (collectively, “Likeness”) in the Media for all Materials or any other purposes deemed appropriate by Penn State. A list of winners will be posted at https://hfs.psu.edu within two weeks of the random drawing.
- Disqualification: Illegible, unintelligible or incomplete entries or responses will be disqualified. All participants agree to be bound by these Rules. Non-compliance with any of these Rules will result in disqualification and all privileges as a Participant will be immediately terminated. Penn State, in its sole discretion, further reserves the right to disqualify any person for: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) gaining an unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes; (iii) obtaining winner status using false, fraudulent or deceptive means; or (iv) engaging in otherwise unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior.
- Reservation of Rights: Penn State reserves the right in its sole discretion to supplement or make changes to these Rules as well as the rules of any contest at any time without notice. Penn State reserves the right in its sole discretion to interpret the rules of the Sweepstakes, and such interpretation shall be binding upon all Participants. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation lack of significant participation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, counterfeiting, fraud, technical failures, or other causes that adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Sweepstakes, Penn State reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest.
- Contact Information: If you have questions about the Sweepstakes you may contact: via phone - (814) 865-7862; via email – email@example.com; or via U.S. Mail -- 211 Housing and Food Services Building, University Park, PA 16802.